Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Radiation Mask


The radiation face mask is a nightmare for anyone who is claustrophobic! That happens to be me. Can't move my eyelids, lips, or even swallow. Luckily, it only lasts for about 10 minutes. Even still, it is making me lose my hair, and all sorts of other strange side effects.


 A crazy bit of information:  During radiation I always see a bright blue florescent light that flashes, as well as smell the disgusting odor of burnt flesh. I asked my doctor about such experiences, and she explained that sadly, I am the "lucky" one. Not many patients get those side effects, but as a matter of fact, my brain is simply imagining those two imaginary side effects. They aren't really happening! Our brains are so individual and fascinating! Too bad that I am the "lucky" one!

Underneath the radiation machine with my techs, Nancy and Greg

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your information. Please accept my comments to still connect with your blog. And we can exchange backlinks if you need. What Is Brain Cancer?

    ReplyDelete