Sunday, November 13, 2011

Grateful for Church


I feel very grateful because after 5 months, I finally was able to go to church for the entire time!  I am so happy, because I miss church, the spiritual feeling, and the love of my friends. It seems like church would be one of those easy activities for me to handle and enjoy.  It sounds simple to sit and listen to the speakers.  Not so!  To my surprise, going to church caused me extreme stimulation overload.  My son always asks me, "what is stimulation overload?"  Whatever I see, hear, or listen to, can cause stimulation.  When it gets too much, my body doesn't know how to handle the input, and it starts to shut down. It usually starts with my legs.  When I have this type of overload, I want to leave immediately, but my legs never help me to leave.  How ironic!  Even with all these challenges, I felt that today, God gave me another tender mercy and let me enjoy church.

No comments:

Post a Comment